Principal Backend Engineer- Indianapolis, Boston, San Francisco (Remote)
To guarantee that our backend systems are constructed to scale successfully, the Principal Backend Engineer will work closely with the Engineering and Infrastructure teams on cross-functional initiatives. You will also contribute to the feature set provided across the platform to both internal and external clients, and by mentoring young engineers. You will also play a significant part in fostering our engineering culture for the future.
This position will operate remotely out of Boston, Indianapolis, or San Francisco with a possibility of the company establishes an office premises, after which you will have hybrid options.
- To efficiently scale our services, work with the Engineering and Infrastructure teams to develop, construct, and improve the backend systems and data stores of our platform.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to break down complex business requirements into manageable deliverables, you may use your engineering skills to create new platform features that will spur growth.
- Actively mentor your peers and our community on complex technical issues
- Raise the bar for technical excellence by improving the quality of the code, performing code reviews, expanding test coverage, etc.
The following qualifications are required for success:
- 10+ years of software development experience using a variety of general-purpose programming languages, such as Python and Java.
- A minimum of four years' experience in a technical leadership position
- Strong expertise in market trends and the most effective ways to grow cloud-based services, as well as the proven ability to lead large-scale engineering activities to completion
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and speaking.
What we provide:
- Benefits include a competitive salary, significant equity, and 401(k) matching.
- Medical care: Insurance for medical, dental, and vision care is provided to employees.
Must be authorized to work in US. This position is not available on a C2C basis. Currently company is not able to provide sponsorship.